Full name: Cormac Mooney
The Evergreen State College: Olympia, WA , Sept. 2006 to Jun. 2009
Language Coach/Personal Assistant for acclaimed Chinese actor (named withheld)
- Created and taught a personalized language curriculum to prepare an actor the English skills needed to succeed abroad, and communicate with representatives, producers, and actors in the industry
- Participated in production of over 12 films and television series filmed in China, Hong Kong, South Korea, and the United States
- Taught English scripts for films and TV series for numerous Chinese and international productions
- Organized and wrote materials needed for foreign promotion including IMDb, Facebook, and other international websites
- Translated official documents from Chinese to English and interpreted for actor and studio from Chinese to English
- Organized other necessities including visa, hotel and restaurant reservations, airplane tickets, etc.
Beijing Suntrans International Translation Company: Beijing, China Jan. 2011 to Oct. 2011
Marketing Director/Senior Editor/Chinese to English Translator
- Managed and trained a team of part time and full time employees responsible for international marketing and adverting
- Created and designed company advertisements and promoted online advertising on websites including Facebook and Weibo
- Designed and implemented short and long term business and marketing plans for expansion within China and abroad.
- Recruited and managed interns from various Chinese universities for internship programs focusing in marketing, interpretation, and translation.
- Increased company awareness through participation in local events including geological science fairs in and out of Beijing
- Translated and edited materials and documents dealing with geology, political science, and management from Chinese to English
Beijing Capital University of Economics and Business: Beijing, China Jan. 2010 to June 2011
Conversation and Economic English Teacher
- Created and taught an English curriculum teaching university students English through focusing in economics, finance, business and related fields
- Taught Chinese university students of all levels ranging from freshman to masters programs.
- Taught in Foreign Student Programs with sophomores from other nations including Kazakhstan, Albania, Mongolia, North and South Korea, Cuba, etc.
- Interviewed students to qualify them for participating in foreign language exchange programs in overseas universities including University of California San Diego, Boston University, Calgary University, etc.
- Judged and participated in university student’s English completions including debates, speech competitions, etc.
Toys R Us: Olympia, WA Jun. 2006 to June.2009
- Worked in front desk, Rzone (electronics), backroom, and general floor
- Dressed as company mascot "Geoffrey the Giraffe" during special occasions and celebrations
Searching for Modern China/Mandarin Chinese: TESC, Olympia, WA Sept. 2006 to Jun. 2009
Chinese Teaching Assistant under Professor Rose Jang
- Taught Mandarin Chinese (Integrated Chinese Level 1 and 2) to beginners and intermediate students
- Provided extracurricular help for students as needed, including preparation for speech competitions and quizzes
- Worked closely with Professor Rose Jang in developing a stronger Chinese language program at the Evergreen State College
Beijing Capital University of Economics and Business: Beijing, China Jan. 2012 to Jan 2014
- Translated and edited school promotional and introductory materials for the university including official website, brochures, guide books, etc. from Chinese to English
HYDROCHINA Kunming Engineering Corporation: Kunming China Aug.2011 to Oct. 2011
Lead Foreign Translator and Editor
- Translated and edit materials discussing hydrology, dams, and hydrogeology for research projects concerning development of energy in Southeast Asia from Chinese to English